The History of the "Kurhaus"
tradition that connects
On the 1st of August in 1914, when the First World War began, the new hotel owner had to start his military service only one day after. Like a miracle, he survived the “Trench War” on the western front, and during his home leave he got enganged wih his wife Luise Kahl from Rostock. After their wedding, she took good care of the place and was able to pay off all the pressing depts.
After the turn, the first attempt to renovate the rotten building failed. The resulting demolition of the house led to the economic ruin of the first investors, Mr. and Mrs. Hinz, senior. The traditional location at the lake Inselsee was about to be lost forever.
The beginning in this structurally imperfect house was difficult. But due to the positive trend in sales it was possible to invest step by step in the shortcomings of the building. The extensive work didn’t stop. The garden as well as the parking space have been designed, and in the year 2000 the well known pavilion got renovated. The goal of the completion of the main building such as the reconstruction of the old “Kurhaus” was finally realized in May 2002. The peculiarities and the splendor of the house from the old times will determine the well-being of our guests in a new and modern way.